TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Important Notice
1.1 These terms and conditions contain certain terms and conditions which
(i) may limit the risk or liability of the promoters or a third party,
(ii) may create risk or liability for you; and/or
(iii) may compel you to indemnify Vriesenhof Vineyards or a third party; and/or
(iv) may be an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
1.2 You acknowledge that by submitting your entry to the competition, you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read and understand these terms and conditions before entering the competition and you agree to them.
1.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
2. This promotional competition is organised by Vriesenhof Wine Farm (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 1983/011694/07) (“Vriesenhof Vineyards”) .
3. The competition commences on at 08h00, 19 September and ends 20h00, 19 September 2018.
4. You will only be eligible to enter this competition if:
4.1 you are a natural person over the age of 18 at the date of entry, your guests also need to be over the age of 18 at date of entry. You will be required to submit valid identification documentation in order to verify your age if you win;
4.2 you are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to Vriesenhof Vineyards or participating promoters above, or any marketing service provider in respect of the promotional competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter/s or suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition, or the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such a person;
4.3 it is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation and Vriesenhof Vineyards reserves the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply the prize to you;
4.4 you have not in the previous 3 (three) months from the entry date of the competition accepted and been awarded a prize from a competition run by the Vriesenhof/ Promoters.
5. To enter this competition and stand a chance to win, simply tag your friends in the Comments section of the post on our Timeline titled “GOT THE PANACHE FOR GRENACHE?”
6. The prize will be a one set of 4 tickets, for a day at the Grenache Tasting Event on either the 21st of September.
7. Each set of tickets include:
7.1 4 x tickets for the winner and 3 guests of their choosing.
7.3 Selected complimentary food and a complimentary bottle of wine for each ticket holders.
7.5 The prize excludes flights/hotel/accommodation and transport.
8. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. Vriesenhof Vineyards and its associates, if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance of the prize, whether foreseen or not.
9. The prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. Vriesenhof Vineyards reserves the right to alter the prize to a prize of comparable commercial value.
11. There will be 1 winner, 1 set of 4 x tickets for the 21st September. The winner will be drawn randomly by Vriesenhof Vineyards and its agency on 20th September 2018, and the winner will be notified via Facebook within 2 hrs. If the winner cannot be contacted for a period of 4 hours, Vriesenhof will contact the runner- up. If the runner-up cannot be contacted for a further period of 4 hours, the prize will be forfeited back to Vriesenhof.
12. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the competition is conditional on you agreeing to take part in such publicity. The winner will not be entitled to any remuneration for taking part in such publicity. All and any materials, including publicity materials, are the sole property of Vriesenhof Vineyards.
13. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner will be liable therefore, and Vriesenhof Vineyards will not increase the value of the prize to compensate for such charges.
14. Should you win the prize, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
15. Vriesenhof Vineyards reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prize (if it has not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which Vriesenhof Vineyards reasonably deems necessary. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
16. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Vriesenhof Vineyards and its agency is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, or if they refuse to sign the Vriesenhof Vineyards winner declaration or the Vriesenhof Vineyards winner prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which Vriesenhof Vineyards and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
18. By entering this competition you accept and give Vriesehof the right to send you promotional content in the form of competitions and the like. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional content by contacting us on the below contact details.
19. The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
20. Vriesenhof Vineyards Address: P.O. BOX 155 STELLENBOSCH 7599
TEL: +27 (0)21 880 0284 FAX: +27 (0)21 880 1503